Quick and Easy Sous Vide Dill Pickles
Here’s how to make a quick batch of dill pickles at home using The Kuraidori Sous Vide Precision Cooker. Add extra hot peppers or more fresh dill to create a pickle with more heat and extra dilly flavor. Pickles can be made in small batches and quickly. Traditional homemade pickles take time and are usually made in large batches. Using the Sous Vide technique allows you to make pickles in an easily manageable quantity.
- 4 pickling cucumbers, sliced into spears
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 3 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 1/3 cup ice cold water
- ½ red onion, sliced into 1” pieces
- 5 sprigs fresh dill
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 hot pepper, sliced
- Preheat the water bath to 190°F.
- In a medium size saucepan combine the vinegar, sugar and peppercorns and bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir constantly to dissolve the solids.
- Remove from the heat and add the cool water. Let it cool to room temperature.
- Place the cucumbers, onion, dill, garlic and hot pepper in a bag. Add the brine and seal the bag using the water displacement method.
- Insert the bag into the water bath and cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove the bag from the water bath and place into an ice bath to cool.
- Place the pickles into an airtight container and refrigerate. They can be eaten immediately.