Mushroom Brie Burgers
With cooked mushrooms mixed into the patties, these burgers stay very moist and have a great mushroom taste in every bite.
Serves: 2 to 4
Total Time: 45 Minutes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb. cremini or button mushrooms, sliced 250 g
- 1 tbsp olive oil 15 mL
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped 5 mL
- 3⁄4 lb. lean ground beef 375 g
- 3⁄4 lb. lean ground pork 375 g
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup bread crumbs 125 g
- 3⁄4 tsp salt 4 mL
- 1⁄4 tsp ground black pepper 1 mL
- 6 slices brie cheese buns and condiments of your choosing
- Pulse the onion and mushrooms in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Heat a sauté pan over medium-high heat and add the oil. Add the mushroom mixture and cook, stirring often, until all the liquid has evaporated.
- Add the garlic and thyme, and stir one minute more. Season to taste, and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, blend beef and pork with the egg, bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Stir in the cooled mushroom mixture.
- Shape the meat into 6 patties and chill until ready to grill.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high. Grill the burgers for about 8 minutes on each side, or until cooked all the way through.
- One minute before removing from the grill, place a slice of brie cheese on each burger to melt just a little, then remove from the grill and serve on buns with condiments.