Mini Quiche With Bacon & Cheese
These Mini Quiche With Bacon & Cheese are perfect for freezing and fast apps, or to serve right off the grill, nice and hot. Ohhh thinking of the gooey cheese, and the crisp pastry, I am really glad that I make extra, I may just sneak a couple out of the freezer right now and snack before the big Christmas Brunch. What's your favorite make ahead meal? Leave a comment and tell us.
Serves: Makes 20
Total Time: 45 Minutes
- 7 eggs
- 3/4 cup of cream
- 1 package phyllo pastry
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp
- 2 cups of shredded cheese, cheddar, gouda, havarti are all good choices
- 2 tbsp. fresh snipped chives
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- nonstick spray
- Preheat your grill to 350°F and prepare for indirect grilling.
- Spray a muffin tin with nonstick. Using a pizza cutter slice a pile of 3 to 4 sheets of defrosted phyllo pastry into squares that fit into the cup of a muffin tin. Fill the cups of the prepared muffin tin with the phylo squares.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, add the cream, chives, garlic, salt and pepper. Add the bacon and half of the cheese.
- Carefully fill each phyllo cup until 2/3 full of the egg mixture. Top each cup with the remaining cheese.
- Bake the cups over indirect heat for 20 minutes, turning the muffin tin 180° about half way through the cooking.
- They're ready to come off once the tops have set, or they're firm to the touch.
- Allow the mini quiches to cool completely before freezing for later use, or serve them right from the grill.
- To reheat, grill over indirect heat, or on warming rack of the grill for 15 to 20 minutes, or until heated through once more.